The Stormhorns Mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andi

Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2019
Location
UK
The present route through the Stormhorns is a rough rutted track barely wide enough for a single wagon. The King's highway that is due to replace it has only just begun construction and ends after only a few miles. It will take an unknown number of years to complete and fully link Minroe with Skull Crag. The green foothills around Minroe can be seen to be replaced by forbidding looking rocky peaks in the distance. Tribes of Goblins, Kobolds and Orcs and monstrous creatures dwell in the mountains and only constant Cormyrean patrols keep the track passable. It is early afternnoon when the party reassembles after their investigations in Minroe. There are still quite a few hours of daylight remaining and you believe you could reach the point at which rolling hills become mountains by nightfall.1166
 

Hotshot007

Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2019
Eventually as time passed and the group came back together Baelor would insist on being the Pointeman for the group. He knew these roads and mountains well enough to understand the peril that came with traversing them. That said, he didn’t care for the idea of one of there squishier assets being front of the line maybe Farah as well but he supposed they could take shifts at that.

Looking over the very rag-tag group he speaks with enough force in his voice too he heard without yelling.

“Alright, before we make our leave we should get our bearing right? Any new leads or information we need to know about? Any places to avoid or known locals of attacks, ambushes? Anything useful really?”
 

CaelumEtTerra

Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2019
Not really.” Clara said, shrugging her shoulders. “Some of the town hates the goblins for vague crimes that may or may not have happened. Some of the town is glad for their help, but don’t personally know any goblins for very racist reasons. Oh, and there’s a goblin outreach program running out of a condemned barn next to the Order of Self-Righteous Loan Sharks. If I’ve learned anything it’s that small towns are best avoided.

As she said this, Clara made her way toward the back of the pack. Range wasn’t a huge issue for her but being stabbed by a sword sounded unpleasant. If the melee people in the metal cans wanted to be in front, that sounded fine with her.
 

humon

Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2019
Location
Canada
Normally it was very tiring to travel in full armour, but in a place like this, where one could be attacked at any moment, it was a necessary inconvenience. Farah walked with her coif up and the mail face flap pulled across her mouth and hooked into a ring under her left ear. It was awkward to speak while the flap was up, and so she said very little. The hood of her cloak was down so that it would not interfere with her peripheral vision, and the strap of her shield was loose in front of her left arm, so that in a pinch she would be able to slip out of her backpack and cloak and grab her shield in one quick motion to bring up her defences before then drawing her sword or mace as the situation warranted. She walked somewhat diagonal to Baelor, a few paces back and off to his right side, like a pair of roman maniples, so that if there was trouble in front, she would be in a position to charge forward to hammer anyone who tried to come around his flank.

In terms of battle tactics, one member of the party ought to be designated to watch for danger on the uphill flank, and another should be designated to keep track of what's behind us. If we're attacked from behind, Farah should be the first one rushing back, and everyone behind her should move to the uphill side of the road (ie. hug the wall) to create a lane for her to pass them on the downhill side. If we're attacked from above, the party should split in two (three bodies forward and four bodies back) so as to encircle the attackers, and at least one person in the rear group needs to be prepared for melee (probably Lia, I think). For attacks from the front, ranged attackers are going to need a signal word they can call out to let Baelor and Farah know to crouch or step aside to clear the field of fire. In response to this signal, Farah should shift right and Baelor should shift left, so the center becomes a clear firing lane. Also make sure to leave space behind Farah in case she needs to step backwards to evade a bullrush attempt.
 

Punishment

Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2019
Location
Aprillia, Italy.
Aralynn following along would place herself relatively in the middle at an easy going pace, she was used to the wilds and enjoyed it the most by far. Still, she kept an eye out just in case, and also observed the surroundings, getting a lay of the land around them, what was useful, what wasn't, and making sure they weren't going to go into somewhere dangerous as they did. "Only that the adventurers who have went out have been magically teleported away at a certain point into their journey, according to other parties. Something to be wary of."

(Perception; 20)
(Nature: 22)
 

Blaze

Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2019
Location
East Coast USA
"Well! I believe that is my cue." Wilfire said as he reached into his cloak and pulled out the map he had received from the goblin. "According to our green friend he among several other goblins had been hired as guides by a ginger haired dwarf who was the leader of a group of Royal Engineers. They were surveing the area when they happened upon some injured Grodd Goblins. They killed the Grodds, but not before they learned that there was a stronghold that the Grodd's had been recently ousted from." Wilfire explained, stepping twice for every one step of the others. "Apparently the stronghold's current residents include a big cow man, goat people, a bird women with big ti- *ahem* A large chest, as well as magic using green women that were not goblins." Moving up to Lia first, he held the map up above him for her inspection.

1171

"We should be on the look out for something large and cylindrical, with possibly a tight mushroom top."
 

Hotshot007

Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2019
He turned his head back to listen to Wilfires voice raising a brow as he listed off the possible inhabitants and his description of a very phallic sounding landmark and groaned before turning back to look at the trail.

'There's no way any of this is true, it can't be...gotta be the sort of fucked imagination a drunk goblin has in the early morning right? I mean, ive heard stories about those things hell maybe even seen a glimpse but all of em in one place? That seems...worrisome.'

Continuing to walk along he raises his voice slightly back towards Wilfire.

"You saying we're looking for a big dick than? Cause that's exactly what it sounds like we're looking for little 'man'"
 

Andi

Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2019
Location
UK
After a couple of miles the farmed area around Minroe of arable crops, orchards and grazing sheep and cattle gives way to wild hill country. There is the natural wildlife you would expect from such lands, deer, boar and bear. You also spot wild Tressym a creature more common in Cormyr than elsewhere. Possibly the product of magic experimentation long in the past these are winged cats. One in particular seems curious about your party and shadows you at a distance, cruising on the updrafts from the hills like a kite.
 

Temerant Rose

Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2019
Hanging back in the rear of the group, Lia focused on watching for danger. Casting her gaze this way and that, it would be easy to mistake her fidgeting as being nervous or on edge if it wasn't for the hard, piercing look in her eyes. Glancing now and then at the other members of the party to keep track of where they were in the marching order, she advanced in silence until Wilfire presented the map to her. She quickly looked it over and sighed as she took in the details - or rather the lack thereof.

"So we're looking for something shaped like a giant cock and we know it's somewhere between here and Skull Crag? We really don't have much to go on here." As she finished talking, she returned to her careful observations, determined not to be ambushed. (perception 19)

(Rolling Perception)
 

CaelumEtTerra

Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2019
Hunting for a big cock? Yeah, I’ve had days like that.” Clara said casually, while glancing around. “I’m honestly more concerned about those creatures. They sound familiar-” Clara said thinking it over (Intelligence Checks 8, 5, 3, & 3 for monster ID; the dice are not my friend) “-but I can’t recall anything specific.

I will say that it sounds like the green magic women sound like the ones doing teleportation magic. That’s some powerful stuff so we should focus on them when we see them.
 
Last edited:

Blaze

Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2019
Location
East Coast USA
Moving from Lia over to Clara, he presented the map to her for inspection. As he did so he lowered his voice to a husky growl as his hand slid up her leg to cup her ass. "Mmm, let me know next time you have one of those days. I've been told I'm huge for my height." Wilfire said, wiggling his eyebrows at Clara.
(Persuasion: 12 )
 

CaelumEtTerra

Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2019
Clara reached down and firmly removed his hand. (Strength Check 11) “No touching. I expect a few nice drinks, some scented candles, and a bed of rose petals first; at least try and be a little romantic.”

With that done, Clara went back to looking around (Perception 7)
 

Punishment

Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2019
Location
Aprillia, Italy.
Aralynn peered around before she noticed the Tressym following them, tilting her head. "Looks like we got a companion for a time. These are magically altered creatures, best to tred caution, as we could already be spotted by those we wish to avoid." She'd say, not paying much attention to the conversations going on near her before peering back at them and continuing onward, contemplating the various things Clara seemed to wish out of a romantic partner idly, it all seemed a bit strange to her.
 

Hotshot007

Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2019
He listened to all the talk going on behind him as his eyes continued to scan carefully along the rocky path trying his very best to look out for this big dick. Hearing Wilfire and his coming on towards Clara and the very STRONG refusal he couldn't help but start laughing aloud as he turns his eyes away for a moment to speak openly looking back at everyone present.

"God's almighty you are a horny bunch aren't ya. Heh, no judgement but ya could at least save it till after our mission. Just sayin now if you're gonna go at it tonight at least have the courtesy to go off far enough to at least try to get outta earshot. Course that's not exactly the safest option so, fuck it do what you want I guess."

Also hearing Aralynn's comment he noted that in his own head and grumbles about being tracked already, entirely possible, likely plausible and from that moment on his hand rested softly on the handle of his dagger underneath his cloak.
 

Blaze

Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2019
Location
East Coast USA
"Hmm is that so? I will keep that in mind Radiant One." Wilfire replied, not fighting her as she pushed his hand off. Instead of letting go he grabbed her hand and brought her fingers to his lips before releasing her.

Falling a step behind her so he could watch her ass, Wilfire pulled out his journal and flipped to the back page where the names of the female party members were listed. Besides Clara's name he put a dash followed by the words 'Romance, wine and dine, flower petals, candles.'
 

humon

Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2019
Location
Canada
"It's better if we don't make noise tonight", Farah remarked, in the sort of tone a stodgy paladin killjoy might be expected to use, "And no fire, either. The less our presence here is noticed, the better"

Farah glanced up at the sky to see the flying cat when Aralynn pointed it out. It was actually kind of cute, and she had a hard time thinking of it as any kind of potential threat. At least, there was no way its claws were going to scratch through chainmail. But it made some sense to keep an eye on it, in case it decided to be a bad kitty and try to steal her chicken pot pie. More worrying was that its presence in the sky was going to flag their position for anyone in the hills who was watching. And maybe that was the point, if this tressym turned out to be someone's familiar or animal companion. Under that presumption, it might be prudent to shoot it down, although that course of action seemed a little premature to Farah at this point, especially given how cute it was. Someone with a harder heart and a rangier weapon would have to be the one to make that call.
 

Andi

Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2019
Location
UK
1228

The march towards the mountains proceeds without incident and though you keep a good watch you spot nothing threatening or untoward. You have nearly reached the point at which the green rolling hills meet the grey and brown rocky terrain of the mountains with a couple of hours of decent light left. The tressym that had been shadowing you moves away until it is half a mile distant and circling above a low hill. Abruptly it turns and heads directly back to you and swoops low over your heads a couple of times miowing loudly. It hovers for a moment in front of the party and then flies back towards the low hill constantly looking back at your party.
 

Hotshot007

Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2019
The moment the tressym flew over his head his hand rapidly went for the hidden hand crossbow on his person and aimed at it while it hovered before flying off towards the hill again. Taking about five seconds to decipher it’s intention he stows away the crossbow after taking tension out of the line bow.

“Aralynn, you’re the one who saw it first and it. Clearly wants us going back towards that hill...think it’s worth the time and possible risk everyone?”

He asked this and then tried to see anything in the direction of that low hill with his eyes.
(Perception :15)
 

humon

Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2019
Location
Canada
Cats raining down from the sky. What a day. Farah instinctively gripped the strap of her shield with her right hand when the cat flew overhead, thinking it was going to dive-bomb them, but it seemed not to be doing that. Her initial thought then was that someone on the hill was controlling it and using it to scout us in detail. But it would be kind of stupid for a caster to send its familiar so close to the enemy where it might get shot down. Baelor offered an alternative possibility before Farah could think of it. "Are you sure it's friendly?", she asked in a suspicious tone.
 

Punishment

Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2019
Location
Aprillia, Italy.
Aralynn tilted her head as she saw the Tressym fly over them and start frantically motioning to a different area. She looked curiously at the beast, before walking to the beast. "Nature often has a way of being unpredictable, and often it is best to flow with it, instead of against it. I plan to follow it...if you are all too cautious to risk it, then I cannot stop you, bu I believe it may be trying to help us. Why else would it go so closely and risk danger." She'd say, before suddenly walking the direction the Tressym seemed to want them to go so badly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom